Help Schoolhouse Studios build a new home.
Elizabeth Barnett - Printmaker, Illustrator and painter.
Schoolhouse Studios (SHS) provide affordable workspaces for artists across diverse media, methods and contexts enabling them to focus, co-exist, interact, collaborate and learn.
It is for the artists, the community and for you.
We are relocating to a new site on Rupert St, in Collingwood and we need to raise funds for the interior build.
SHS needs $100,000, and we are turning to the community to help us raise the first $50,000.
Place of Assembly Exhibition. Projection by Adriana Bernando,Jemila MacEwan and Finn Robertson
· Schoolhouse Studios is a not-for-profit organization with a focus on providing affordable rent to emerging, mid career artists and small creative businesses.
· SHS is proud to support and nurture the artists and creative thinkers of its generation.
· SHS provides the public with access to exciting and innovative arts events and programs.
· SHS celebrates diversity and new ideas in the arts and recognises the needs of small businesses and creative practitioners as they launch their careers.
· SHS aims to reflect the zeitgeist of our time, dispel the idea of the hero designer/artist and encourage a positive and sharing community, celebrating highs and nurturing lows.
Oliver Mann Single Launch in the Pink Hall.
SUPPORT SCHOOLHOUSE STUDIOS
· Melbourne’s emerging artists and innovators need our support; they need affordable workspaces and studios close to the city, where their work is accessible to the public and to public comment.
For Melbourne to maintain
its title as the Cultural Capital of Australia it needs to support and provide
affordable work spaces for its emerging and mid career artists.
· We need to cultivate inner city cultural diversity and help resist blanket gentrification of Collingwood by supporting communities like Schoolhouse Studios.
Place of Assembly Exhibition 2012 Installation by The Apiary
We have secured a new site in Rupert St
Collingwood, owned by The Molonglo Group.
· The Molonglo Group will contribute $600,000 of in kind support through subsidized rent in order to keep the rent low for the artists and small businesses at Schoolhouse Studio .
The Molongo Group are an award winning
development company with a mission to open the public arena to a plurality of
voices – encouraging communities to interact, share ideas, and be open to
what’s new, what’s different, and ultimately what enriches their lives.
Rupert Street inspection
· The plans for the new site have been designed specifically to cater for the needs of the resident artists and the operation of the public event spaces.
The new site will
include a public precinct with café, gallery, event space and play area for ongoing
engagement and interaction with the wider community.
· Our aim is to create a space that reflects the last two and a half years of operations. The exhibitions, music, parties, conversations, collaborations and joy.
For almost 3 years, Schoolhouse Studios has been providing affordable rent to Melbourne artists and creative businesses, as well as hosting vibrant public events and interactions. If you’ve been to the parties, the exhibitions, the markets you know what we’re about.
As a non for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on nurturing the creative thinkers and artists of our generation.
So now we’re turning to you, our community. If you can donate any amount to the cause, we promise to continue building the Schoolhouse community and supporting creativity in Melbourne.
If you can’t donate financially you can help by please passing on the link.
Thank you for your support.
Slow Canoe writers night
Schoolhouse Studios Shop and Gallery
Community meeting in the garden
Sugar Mountain Festival Closing event.