The Mill Adelaide is a creative hub for Adelaide’s local Artists from all disciplines. THE MILL NOW NEEDS YOUR HELP TO FINISH OFF WHAT WE HAVE STARTED over the last three months.
The Mill is a creative Hub in Adelaide's CBD that is home to 47 Artists and creative based Micro-businesses.
Your contribution will support the group of artists and micro businesses at The Mill, as well as supporting the The Mill to continue running its program of events, workshops, exhibitions, artist talks etc both for the Adelaide arts community and general public.
Our newly acquired large warehouse and office space at 154 Angus St, Adelaide consists of:
- artist studio spaces
- creative industry offices
- a gallery
- The Raw Mill Workshop space
There is a long list, but your contribution in particular will go towards:
-Industry Standard Gallery Hanging System so that we can continue to hold our monthly gallery exhibitions and expand the range of with we are able to display.
-The newly available small bar license so we can continue to run events, gallery openings, launches, artist talks etc.
- Some final pieces for our tool shed- including a power drill, communal vacuum cleaner and sack truck.
- Lighting in our back warehouse space- its dark and gloomy in winter and we want to brighten it up so the artists feel inspired to stay and work in a light bright space all year around.
- Cost-Effectie, Moveable Heaters and Fans for our concrete warehouse spaces. We don't want our artists freezing into ice cubes over winter or too warm to work in summer.
- An Extra Toilet Installed!
- Finishing off some electrical work and last bits and pieces which need some love and attention.. including broken lights and unfinished wiring.
- Chairs for our beautiful, communal long table made by a local furniture designer and carpenter, which will be used during workshops and by the artists.
And NOW... A little about The Mill:
We need your help to keep building on what we have so we can keep creating, keep developing and making The Mill an Adelaide better.
We are committed to developing the vitality and variety of Arts in Adelaide and supporting Artistic-Based Local Businesses.
After a long search to find a space, The Mill finally moved into its new home, in Adelaide’s CBD, in March of this year. It wasn’t much to begin with, but through lots of hard work and with the help of the community we transformed our empty warehouse into what it is now.
The Mill is a central space for artists to connect and collaborate with other artists and wider industries and facilitates an incubation environment providing development opportunities. We are now home to over 47 artists including:
- visual artists
- theatre and dance makers
- photographers and more…
THE MILL NOW NEEDS YOUR HELP TO FINISH WHAT IT STARTED...
We need your help to keep building what we have so we can keep creating, keep developing, and making The Mill and Adelaide better.
THANK-YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Love Amber and Erin
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS: Donation of more than $1000 are able to be made through Australia Cultural Fund, Creative Partnerships Australia. Follow this link to donate through the ACF: http://www.creativepartnershipsaustralia.org.au/donors/artist-projects/the-mill.html